1. Spend an afternoon searching for treasures at any of our local shops!
2. Get lost in a book at Poor Richard’s
3. Spruce up your home by getting *another* house plant at Wilson Nurseries. Make sure to check out The Butterfly Greenhouse while you’re there.
4. Explore your creative side while taking a pottery or weaving class. To check out the schedule and book a class, visit their websites!
5. Taste the spirit of Kentucky while you tour the distilleries.
6. Get some fresh air while hiking or biking at Cove Spring Park! See more places for outdoor adventures here.
7. You scream, I scream, we all scream for Hoggy’s!
8. Found the perfect book while shopping at Poor Richard’s? Go ahead and crack it open while enjoying a cup of joe at Kentucky Coffeetree Café.
9. Visit Josephine Sculpture Park and see over 80 ever changing sculptures on 30 acres of Kentucky’s rolling hills.
10. Treat yourself to something sweet (or salty) at Andy’s Artisan Bread, B’s Bakery, or Poppy’s Bakery!
11. Watch the world pass by while floating down Elkhorn Creek or the Kentucky River.
12. Fill up your basket with plenty of local produce, meat, and pantry items from Local’s Food Hub and Pizza Pub! If you have time to spare, sit down for a yummy meal made from local ingredients.
13. Beat the heat at Juniper Hill Aquatic Center!
14. Learn something new on a Bourbon and History Walking Tour! You can book on our events page.
15. Stroll downtown and have lunch at one of our local establishments.
16. Check out the views at Daniel Boone’s Monument
17. Sit back, relax, and have a cold one at one of our breweries
18. Strike a pose next to The Bourbon Pole or any of our beautiful downtown murals!
19. Boogie on down to downtown for some live music.
20. Pack a picnic and go to Frankfort Fantasy Forest – feel free to pick a fresh cucumber or tomato for your lunch!