The FRANKFORT FROSTY 5K was created to raise funds for First United Methodist Church’s Ecumenical Honduras Medical/Dental Mission trip, the Frankfort Mission Clinic and Water With Blessings. Participants will have a blast running or walking this entertaining 3.1 miles at Lakeview Park. New in 2019 – FRED & ME 143 – a 1.43K Fun Run for those of you wanting fewer hills and a shorter distance.
Some unique things about our races:
- Come dressed in your favorite Frosty or festive winter holiday attire – Special prize for all who dress up!
- Bid on some great items in the annual Silent Auction (Your BIB# is your BID#)
- Share your wish list (and get your picture taken!) with Santa
- Holiday music throughout the route
- Steamy hot chocolate post race
- Custom hand painted age group awards – 5 year increments
- Hear how your registration fees & donations help those near and far receive much needed medical and dental care and have fresh water to drink for their families.
Be sure to check our Facebook page as we get closer to race date to see the great items secured for our Silent Auction. We also have a QUIILT RAFFLE – just $5/ticket gets you in the drawing for a queen size Lone Star quilt. Raffle sponsored by Good Shepherd Catholic Church, KY License #0001934. Drawing will be held after the race around 3:00 pm or so.
The December 8th Frankfort Frosty 5K is the 19th race of the Frankfort Striders’ Run/Walk Series. For more information on this series, go to www.frankfortstriders.com. Our VIRTUAL FROSTY 5K can be completed anytime up to a week post the race (December 15).
LATE REGISTRATION/PACKET PICKUP: DATES/TIMES: Friday, December 6, 3-6 PM, Saturday, December 7, 8 AM- 1 PM and Sunday, December 8 from noon til 1:45 PM. LOCATION: Farm Bureau Pavilion of Lakeview Park (118 Park Ave – just follow Park Avenue past the golf course. Farm Bureau Pavilion is on the right). ONLINE REGISTRATION closes at midnight Saturday (12/7/19) but you can register on site Sunday until just before the race. Registration for the Virtual Run will remain open until Saturday, December 14.